General guidelines for designing an advert:
- Start with a large headline. Remember, you have seconds to grab your potential customers attention. Customers want to know what you have to offer, they
are not really interested in who you are, so unless your business name explains your service (i.e. Dave’s Danish Delicatessen), put your name lower down with your contact details.
- Add a few bullet points. Stay brief – readers are unlikely to be interested in long blocks of text.
- A picture paints a thousand words so use your logo if you have one and an image if you have space.
- Try to use the same colours and fonts that you use on all of your advertising material.
- Don’t forget to add your contact details.
- Adding a promotion or offer always encourages customers to pick up the phone. Remember to include an end date to the offer/promotion. Making your promotion unique to Oracle will allow you to measure the response.
- Remember to always ask your customers where they saw the advert.
Advert size and technical specifications are outlined below (width x height):-
Full Page – 137 x 193 mm
Half page – 137 x 94 mm
Quarter page – 66 x 94 mm
Half page vertical – 66 x 193 mm
All images should be submitted at 300 dpi. When sending as pdf, fonts must be embedded in the file.
For a professionally designed advert call Oracle on 01702 393838.