Do you have questions on how the elderly care system works?
Oracle Event – 14 April 2015
Finding The Right Care
Following the success of Oracle’s first event, there will be a second event taking place on Tuesday, 14 April, 7pm at the Café Masala, Thorpe Bay. This one will focus on how the care system works and the impact of the Care Act, which comes into force in May this year.
• What happens when you or a loved one needs care?
• What are the options?
• How to decide between care at home and residential care?
• How does funding work?
• What about the other legal aspects (e.g. lasting power of attorney)?
• How to tell a good provider from a bad one?
What Is ‘The Care Act’
The Care Act is set to change how the social care system works, making councils across England more consistent in the way they provide for those with care needs. But what does it actually mean?
• What will the Care Act change?
• Who does it affect?
• How does ‘the care cap’work and what does it include?
• Will I have to sell my home?
• How will it affect those caring for loved ones?
• What do I do if I don’t qualify for council funding?
If any of these questions concern you then this evening promises to give residents a better insight. Oracle has invited Caroline Southgate from Doris Jones Ltd, a local care provider, and Southend Borough Council’s Care Act Programme Manager, Sarah Baker.
You are cordially invited to participate in this event or just come along as an interested spectator and hear the experts answer questions and give their advice on how the elderly care system works. If you would like your question asked then please submit it by Friday, 10 April by email to email@example.com or contact Michaela on 01702 393838. Questions are limited so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
How to book a place:
There is a maximum amount of places for the evening and the cost is £15 per person, which includes a meal (drinks not included). Please contact Michaela at the Oracle on 01702 393838 to reserve your place by Monday 13 April.
The evening will be held at the Café Masala, Broadway, Thorpe Bay on Tuesday, 14 April at 7 pm. N.B. Please ring Oracle direct to reserve your place and not the Café Masala.